- Pour the desired quantity of charcoal briquettes into the chimney starter.
- Place 2-3 lighter cubes on the charcoal grate and light them.
- Place the full chimney starter on the charcoal grate over the lit lighter cubes.
- The briquettes are ready, when the flames only just cover them. By this stage, the hottest briquettes are normally covered by a thin layer of ash. It takes app. 20 minutes to reach this stage, depending on the number of briquettes you are using.
- Put your grill mitts on and carefully pour the briquettes onto the charcoal grate. Arrange in accordance with your chosen cooking method e.g. direct or 50/50.
- Once you have placed the briquettes inside the grill and arranged the food on the cooking grate, put the lid on. Remember - grilling with the lid on is what makes all the difference!