420 g plain flour, 2 tsp. nigella seeds or caraway seeds, 1 tsp. caster sugar, 1 sachet of dried active yeast, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. baking powder, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 150 ml natural yoghurt and 1 egg, lightly beaten.
In the kitchen
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add yeast, salt, baking powder, sugar and nigella seeds. Add the remaining vegetable oil, yogurt and egg. With a wooden spoon mix together to form a ball of dough.
- Knead for 10 minutes until smooth. This can also be done in an electric mixer with a dough hook. Grease a large mixing bowl with extra vegetable oil and add the dough.
- Cover the bowl with Clingfilm and set aside for 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- (Preheat the pizza stone to the hottest temperature on your grill).
- Divide the dough into five equal balls. Roll the balls of dough into a tear-shaped naan, about 20cm long, 10cm at the widest point.
On the grill
- Once the pizza stone is hot enough;
- With the pizza paddle, carefully scoop up the naans and place as many as will fit on the preheated stone.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until the naans have puff up and are scorching on top. Serve with a little melted butter brushed over them.