Topping: 150 ml wheat flour, 200 ml demerara sugar, 250 ml rolled oats, 150 ml ground almonds, 1 tsp. cinnamon and 100 g melted butter.
Filling: 2 bananas, 300 g blueberries, 100 ml demerara sugar, 2 tsp. corn flour
Accompaniments: Vanilla ice cream or crème fraiche, full fat, sugar, vanilla
In the kitchen
- Combine all the topping ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate until needed.
- Peel the bananas and slice. Wash the blueberries. Place the berries and sliced banana in a pie dish or divide between the ramekins.
- Mix the corn flour with the sugar and sprinkle it over the fruit.
- Spread the topping over the fruit and put the dish or ramekins in the refrigerator. Leave in until it needs cooking.
On the grill
- Prepare the grill for the 50/50 cooking method. Place the baking stone over direct heat and allow to heat up with the closed.
- Place the pie dish or ramekins on the baking stone, close the lid on the grill and bake for 20-30 minutes until the topping is crispy. If the topping starts to burn, you can move the baking stone to indirect heat.
- Take the crumbles out of the grill and serve warm with ice cream or crème fraiche whipped up with a bit of sugar and vanilla.
Recommended equipment: Weber baking stone with tray, large pie dish or ovenproof ramekins