2 red Granny Smith Apples, cut into large cubes, 4 tbsp. brown sugar, 100 g butter, chopped fresh mint (garnish only), juice of ½ lemon and 1 cup pistachio nuts
In the kitchen
- Chop the apples into large cubes, and place in a bowl along with the butter and brown sugar.
- Finely chop the mint and pistachio nuts and set aside.
On the grill
- Prepare the grill for indirect low to medium heat with the GBS griddle secured.
- Once the heat grill and griddle has heated up, pour the mixture into the griddle and let the apples caramelize until softened.
- Once done, take the apples of the heat, squeeze in the lemon juice, add the pistachios and then mix well.
- Finally, plate up, and sprinkle with fresh mint.
Serving suggestion: Serve with vanilla ice cream or on it’s ow