135 g plain flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, ½ tsp. salt, 2 tbsp. caster sugar, 130 ml milk, 1 large egg, lightly beaten, 2 tbsp. melted butter (allowed to cool slightly) or olive oil, plus extra for cooking and 100 g summer fruits.
In the kitchen
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl or jug, lightly whisk together the milk and egg, then whisk in the melted butter.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and, using a fork, beat until you have a smooth batter.
On the grill
- Place the cast-iron griddle over a medium direct heat, leave for 10 minutes. Add a knob of butter to the griddle. When it’s melted, add a ladle of batter.
- Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over and cook until both sides are golden brown and the pancake has risen to about 1cm thick.
- Meanwhile place 100g of frozen summer fruits, with a tablespoon of sugar and water to a saucepan. Allow to come to a low simmer.
- Serve the pancakes with a tablespoon of the summer fruit mixture and ice cream.
GBS® cast-iron griddle or standard griddle