For kebabs: 400g Beef, 400g Lamb, cherry tomatoes, mixed peppers and onions.
For American BBQ Rub: 2 tbsp. salt, 1 tbsp. brown sugar, 1 tbsp. paprika, ½ tbsp. ground coriander, ½ tbsp. ground cumin, ½ tbsp. chili powder, ½ tbsp. garlic powder, ½ tbsp. onion powder, 1 tsp. ground pepper and ½ tsp. cayenne pepper.
In the kitchen
- Soak the bamboo skewers for min. 30 minutes before use.
- Mix all the ingredients for the rub, either in a mini blender or with a mortar and pestle, until it’s an even rub. Keep in airtight container.
- Add some of the dry rub and cubes of meat in a bowl, and make sure the meat is covered well with the rub.
- Now arrange the cubes of meat on the skewers – along with the cherry tomatoes, cuts of onion and pieces of pepper.
On the grill
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking – medium to high heat.
- Make sure the grates are clean, and let the grill heat up.
- Grill the skewers, with the lid on, for app. 6-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the cubes and the desired doneness, turning the skewers once or twice.
Recommended equipment: Weber bamboo skewers