Kofta: 600 g minced lamb, 3 tbsp. parsley, finely chopped, 3 tbsp. coriander, chopped, 1 onion, 1 red bell pepper, 4 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp. ground cumin, ½ tsp. ground cinnamon, ½ tsp. ground coriander, 1 tsp. paprika, Salt and pepper
Quinoa Tabouleh Salad: 1 cup of quinoa mixed with couscous, juice of 1- 1½ lemon, 4-5 tbsp. olive oil, 1 red bell pepper, 200-300 g cherry tomatoes, Fresh mint, a large bundle, Fresh parsley, a large bundle and salt and pepper.
In the kitchen
- Blend, or chop, the onion, bell pepper and cloves of garlic in a food processor, and drain the excess juices leaving only a dry mass behind.
- Mix all ingredients together with the mince lamb and season well with salt and pepper.
- With moist hands, press the meat mix on the skewers to form “sausages” around the skewer. Be careful not to make them too thick, as the weight can cause the meat to fall off.
- Leave the ready-made skewers in the fridge for approx. 30 minutes or in the freezer for 15 minutes, to settle the meat on the skewers.
Quinoa Tabouleh Salad
- Cook the quinoa/couscous mix according to packaging instruction.
- Rinse and let it cool.
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper and add to quinoa mix/ couscous. Mix well.
- Chop the bell pepper in halves.
- Chop cherry tomatoes finely, and remove seeds and juice.
- Add the tomatoes to the quinoa/couscous mix.
- Rinse, dry and finely chop the mint and parsley. Add to the mix.
- Be very generous with the amount of herbs.
On the grill
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking at medium to high heat (approx. 1 chimney starter of charcoal).
- Place the ring from the mangal set on the grill and close the lid.
- Place the skewers on the mangal set ring, and grill the koftas until golden, by rotating the skewers regularly.
- The meat needs to be cooked through.
- Once done, take the skewers off and let the koftas cool, before removing them from the skewers.
- Once settled, cut the koftas in smaller pieces for serving.
- Recommended equipment: Weber Mangal set