12 single, French trimmed lamb cutlets (ask the butcher to trim), 1 tbsp. paprika, 1 tbsp. ground cumin, 1 tbsp. ground coriander, 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, 1 tsp. ground cardamom, pinch of ground nutmeg, approx. 4 tbsp. olive oil, 1-2 lemons (save the juice of half a lemon for the labneh), 4 tbsp. labneh, 2 tbsp. chopped mint and salt and pepper
In the kitchen
- Mix all the dry ingredients into a dry rub.
- Make sure the bone on the cutlets is completely free from fat.
- Carefully cut the tendon on the cutlets, so they don’t curl up and shrink during grilling.
- Turn the cutlets in the dry rub and marinate for approx. 30 minutes.
- Cut the lemon into halves.
- Mix labneh, mint, lemon juice and salt pepper together.
On the grill
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking, high heat.
- Grill the lemon, on the cut side, until slightly caramelized and take off.
- Grill the lamb cutlets on direct heat for approx. 3 minutes on each side. We recommended to serve them medium done, so they stay nice and juicy.
- Let the cutlets rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Before serving, drizzle the cutlets with a nice olive oil and the juice from the grilled lemon and labneh.
Serving suggestion: Smoked Baba Ganoush
1 large or 2 medium-sized eggplants, 1 lemon - juice & zest, 1 clove of garlic, olive oil, green bell pepper, tomato, spring onion, 2-4 tbsp. of chopped parsley, pomegranate molasses and seeds (optional garnish)
In the kitchen and on the grill:
- Grill eggplants on direct heat until soft.
- Allow the eggplants to cool.
- No peel, skin and mash the flesh of the eggplant.
- Add to the eggplant mash; lemon, garlic, olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finely dice the green bell peppers, tomatoes and spring onion.
- Chop the parsley.
- Now mix in the diced vegetables and chopped parsley with the eggplant mash.
- Garnish with pomegranate (optional).