1 leg of lamb, 2 kg, bone in, 10 cloves of garlic, 6 sprigs of rosemary, 1 unwaxed lemon, salt and pepper
1½ kg baking potatoes, 2 onions, 1 clove of garlic, 250 g butter, salt and pepper
In the kitchen
- Cut small slits in the lamb with a sharp, pointed knife. Peel the garlic cloves and insert them and the washed sprigs of rosemary in the slits.
- Wash the lemon, grate the zest and rub the lamb with lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Place the leg of lamb on the rotisserie and secure with the rotisserie forks.
- Peel and wash the potatoes before slicing thinly. Peel and chop the onions and garlic, then melt the butter. Mix the onion and garlic with the butter.
- Put a layer of potatoes in an ovenproof dish followed by a layer of garlic butter.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, then repeat the layers until you run out of potatoes.
On the grill
- Prepare the grill for indirect cooking.
- Place the rotisserie on the grill and turn on the motor.
- Cook the leg of lamb with the lid on for approx. 1.5 hours.
- Place the dish of potatoes in the center of the grate, put the lid back on and cook the potatoes until tender; approx. 1 hour.
- Serve the potatoes with slices of lamb and a green salad.
Recommended equipment: Weber Rotisserie, ovenproof dish.