500 g diced rump steak (large cubes), 2 tbsp. sea salt, 2 tbsp. cracked black pepper, 1 tbsp. English mustard powder, 4 pita pockets
Salad: 2 baby gem lettuce, shredded, 250g cherry tomatoes, halved, ¼ red onion, finely sliced, bunch of fresh mint, roughly chopped, bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped, bunch of fresh basil, roughly chopped, juice of ½ lime and salt to taste.
In the kitchen
- Season the diced steak with the salt, pepper and mustard powder. Easiest way is to place it all in a large food bag, trap air in the bag and give everything a good tumble.
- Thread the cubes onto the double-pronged skewers and place into a Tupperware box and into the cool box.
- Prep all your salad ingredients and place in food bags in the cool box or fridge.
On the grill
- Set up the grill for 250C degrees, direct heat, and preheat for 10 minutes.
- Place your skewers onto the grill and close the lid. Cook for between 2 and 3 minutes before turning over to cook on the second side. The skewers are ready to turn when the meat no longer sticks to the grill.
- Place all of the salad items in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Check the internal temperature of the steak cubes to see when it is ready to take off the grill. If you like your steak well done check for internal temperature of 75C but for medium check for internal temperature of 61C.
- Once the steak is cooked how you like it, remove from the grill and slide off the skewers into the bowl of salad.
- Tumble everything together, check seasoning and divide between the 4 pita pockets.
Recommended equipment: Double-pronged skewers and instant read thermometer