4 good quality rib-eye steaks, 4 fresh corncobs, salt and pepper
Herb butter: 100 g butter, ½ red chili, ¼ bundle of parsley, 50 g Parmesan, salt and pepper
In the kitchen
- Wash the chili and parsley, spinning the parsley dry and chop finely.
- Grate the Parmesan and mix with butter, chili and parsley before seasoning with salt and pepper. Roll in baking paper, and keep in the freezer.
- Keep the corn in their husks, or soak in water prior to going on the grill.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper on both sides about 10 minutes before they go on the grill.
On the grill
- Prepare the grill for direct grilling – approx. 200˚C
- Place the corncobs around the GBS® sear grate on the cooking grate.
- Grill the corn for approx. 15-20 minutes with the lid on, but make sure to turn them for even grilling.
- When the corn is almost done, sear the steaks on the GBS® sear grate on both sides, and then move them to indirect heat to finish, if required. The grilling time depends on the size and thickness of the steaks, and how you prefer them cooked.
- When the steaks are ready, remove the husks from the corncobs and serve with herb butter and a fresh salad. Note! The butter goes equally well with the steak.
Tip! For the best result, let the steaks rest half of the grilling time.
Recommend equipment: GBS® sear grate