400g lean minced lamb, 2 tbs. bread crumbs, ½ small onion, very finely grated and 2 tbsp. tomato purée.
8 dried dates, stone removed and finely chopped, 2 tsp ground ginger, 2 tsp. cinnamon, 2 tsp. chilli flakes, 2 tsp. ground cumin, 2 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. cayenne pepper and 1 tsp. salt.
In the kitchen
- In a large bowl, mix minced lamb, tomato, onion, dates and crumbs until well combined. Then mix in the cinnamon, cumin, chilli, ginger, paprika, cayenne and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Shape mixture into 12 equal sausages shapes around a Weber bamboo skewer. Make sure the meat is spread to an even thickness.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to cook.
On the grill
- Preheat your grill for a direct high heat.
- Brush the cooking grate liberally with vegetable oil and arrange the skewers on grill.
- Cook for 10 minutes turning once after around 5 minutes.
- Remove when good colour has been achieved and the kofta have cooked through.
- Note! If using Weber's bamboo skewers, remember to soak before use.