600 g minced beef, salt & pepper
Accompaniments: Lettuce of choice, 2 tomatoes, 1 red onion, 2 large pickles, 4 slices of cheddar and 4 burger buns
Burger dressing: Aioli: ¾ cup mayonnaise, 3 cloves of garlic, minced, 2 ½ tbsp. lemon juice, ¾ tsp. salt and ½ tsp. ground black pepper.
In the kitchen
- Aioli: Mix the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Divide the minced beef into four portions and shape into uniform burger patties. Use a burger press, if you have one, which creates a small hollow in the surface of the patties. Alternatively, you can use a glass to make a hollow in the middle. This makes the burger patties stay flat during grilling.
- Season the burgers with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash the lettuce and tear into smaller pieces. Cut the burger buns. Wash tomatoes. Peel the onion. Slice the pickles, tomato and onion.
On the grill
- Light the grill, approx. 200°C degrees
- Grill the burger patties for app. 4-7 minutes on each side. Remember to put the lid on the grill.
- Place a slice of cheese on each burger pattie and allow to melt slightly.
- Construct the burgers the way you like them, and serve straight away.
Recommended equipment: Weber burger press