4 chicken breasts, 750 ml coconut milk, juice of 1 lime, 2 tbsp. red curry, 1 garlic clove and 4 tortillas
Tortilla Fillings: Slices of daikon, slices of carrot, cucumber chopped into chunks, bunch of finely chopped fresh coriander, small bunch of finely chopped mint, roasted sesame seeds and finely chopped chilli.
Peanut sauce: 340 g coarse peanut butter, 250 ml coconut milk, 2 tbsp. red curry powder, ½ tsp cumin, 1 ½ tsp sugar, juice of 1 lime and 1 ½ tbsp. fish sauce.
In the kitchen
- Cut each chicken breast into three equal pieces. To make the marinade mix the coconut milk, lime juice and red curry together. Peel and chop the garlic and stir it in.
- Add the chicken pieces into the marinade, and allow them to stand for half an hour.
- Whilst the chicken is marinating, prepare the peanut sauce. Stir the peanut butter, coconut milk, red curry powder, cumin, sugar and lime juice altogether - and season with fish sauce. Place the chicken pieces on skewers and add the carrot and daikon slices.
On the grill
- Prepare the grill for direct heat (225-250°C).
- Grill the chicken skewers for 6-8 minutes on each side. At the same time grill the tortillas until they are warm. Collect tortillas. Add the vegetables, chicken, roasted sesame seeds, mint, coriander and chili and top it off with peanut sauce.