4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes, 2 onions, cut in half and broken up into layers and 4 big tomatoes cut into wedges
Marinade: 100 g natural yoghurt, 1 tsp. salt, ½ tsp. ground turmeric, ½ tsp. ground cumin, pinch of ground allspice, ½ tsp. ground cardamom, juice of 1 lemon and 2 tbsp. white vinegar
Patata Hara: 1 kg diced potatoes, 2 cloves of garlic, crushed, 1 green chili, finely chopped, ½ tsp. mild, chili powder, salt and pepper, oil for frying and chopped fresh coriander
In the kitchen
- Combine the yoghurt, salt, turmeric, cumin, allspice, cardamom, lemon juice and vinegar in a mixing bowl. Add in the chicken cubes and leave to marinate in the fridge for about 30-45 minutes.
- Start preparing for the patata hara.
- Peel and dice the potatoes, crush the garlic, chop the coriander and green chili.
- Place the potatoes in cold water to prevent them from browning.
- Take the chicken out of the fridge and prepare the skewers with the chicken cubes and alternating with tomato and onion, keeping the onion next to the chicken.
On the grill
- Prepare the grill for indirect heat, - 180°C degrees.
- Place the GBS® griddle in the center and the elevation rack at the back, and let the grill heat up.
- In the griddle, heat up the cooking oil and fry the diced potatoes until soft in the middle and crispy and brown on the outside – approx. 7 minutes. Note! The griddle heats up quickly.
- Add in the crushed garlic, green chili, chili powder and chopped coriander, and cook for another 3-5 minutes, whilst stirring.
- At the same time: Grill the shish tawook skewers. First on the grate for grill marks, then move them up on the elevation rack for indirect heat for approx. 10 minutes, depending on size. Remember to rotate for even heat.
- Once done, take the potatoes out and put on a piece of kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
- Before serving sprinkle with more fresh coriander.
Recommended equipment: Weber GBS® griddle and Weber Elevation Rack