1 whole chicken, 1½ kg, ½ bunch of thyme, ½ bunch of parsley, 1 unwaxed lemon, salt and pepper
Roots: 1½ kg assorted root vegetables (e.g. celeriac, carrots, Hamburg parsley, parsnips, potatoes and/or artichokes), neutral cooking oil, salt and pepper
In the kitchen
- Wash and dry the chicken.
- Wash the herbs and spin dry, wash the lemon and cut in half.
- Stuff the chicken with the thyme, parsley and lemon, then put it on the rotisserie spit.
- Use butcher's twine to tie the chicken legs together and secure the chicken with the rotisserie forks.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Peel and wash the root vegetables before chopping coarsely.
- Toss in the oil, salt and pepper, and place in an ovenproof dish.
On the grill
- Get the grill ready for indirect heat.
- Place the spit with the chicken on the grill and turn the rotisserie motor on.
- Grill the chicken with the lid on for 30 minutes.
- Then place the dish of root vegetables on the cooking grate over indirect heat and cook everything for another 45 minutes.
- When the chicken reaches a core temperature of 75˚C, it is ready to serve.
- Cut the chicken into eight pieces – cut each breast in two and separate the thighs from the drumsticks.
- Serve with the grilled vegetables.
Recommended equipment: Weber Rotisserie, butcher's twine, ovenproof dish and Weber meat thermometer