1 whole chicken, 1½ kg, salt, pepper, chicken stock, or other flavor as preferred.
Creamy potatoes: 4 baking potatoes, 1 onion, 1 clove of garlic, 6 sprigs of thyme, 300 ml cream and salt
In the kitchen
- Wash and dry the chicken, then rub with salt and pepper.
- Peel the potatoes, onions and garlic, and wash the thyme. Dice the potatoes coarsely, and chop the onion and garlic.
- Place it all with the thyme in the base of the poultry roaster.
- Pour the stock into the cup in the center of the poultry roaster and place the chicken on. Remember to put the 'cap' in the neck of the chicken, so that the steam from the stock remains inside.
On the grill
- Prepare the grill for indirect cooking.
- Place the poultry roaster in the center of the cooking grate, close the lid and let it cook for 30 minutes.
- Now, pour the cream over the potatoes, onion, thyme and garlic, and cook everything for roughly another 30 minutes.
- Check the core temperature of the chicken – at 75˚C the chicken is cooked through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recommended equipment: Weber Poultry roaster • Weber meat thermometer