1 Sheri fish (gutted and cleaned), 3 lemons – juice, slices and boats, ½ bunch of fresh coriander, ½ bunch of fresh parsley, 3 cloves of garlic, salt and pepper
In the kitchen
- Rinse the fish and carefully make 3 cuts across the skin (both sides), so the skin doesn’t stretch and break during grilling.
- Make a paste of the crushed garlic and fresh herbs, and rub it into the 3 cuts on both sides.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper to taste, and leave in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Juice half a lemon, and cut slices from another.
- Take the fish out of the fridge, and stuff lemon slices and roughly chopped fresh herbs into the cavity of the fish. As much as can fit.
- Squeeze some of the lemon juice across the fish, and cut the remaining lemons in boats.
- Now place the fish on the fish tray. Ready to go on the grill.
On the grill
- Prepare the grill for indirect cooking, and grill the fish, on the fish tray, at low heat approx. 120-130°C degrees for approx. 20-30 minutes depending on the size of the fish.
- Be careful it doesn’t flare up and burn the fish, as it will ruin the taste of the fish and herbs.
- When the fish is almost done, grill the lemon boats until slightly caramelized.
- Once done, let the fish rest for 5 minutes before serving, then sprinkle with fresh coriander.
- Serve with the grilled lemons
Recommend equipment: Weber fish tray