4 small Red Snapper (scaled and gutted), 1 lemon, sea salt, and apple wood chips (approx. 2 large hand full)
In the kitchen
- Give the fish another clean and wash.
- Make 3 small cuts in the skin on both sides of the fish, and rub the fish with salt on the inside, as well as on the skin.
- Set aside on the Weber fish tray in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Cut the lemon into 8 boats, and place 2 pieces in each fish.
On the grill
- Prepare and preheat the grill for indirect grilling at approx. 120-130C degrees.
- Place the fish, already on the fish tray, on the grill and close the lid.
- Place a handful of the apple wood chips on top of the charcoal – both sides – and leave to grill for approx. 20-30 minutes, until the fish is done.
- Serve and enjoy with a fresh salad.
If you have never used wood chips before, you can start with a smaller amount, as the flavour can be quite overpowering.