16 large tiger prawns (without heads and shell), 3 tbsp. olive oil, 3 tbsp. zaatar, 1 lemon, juice and zest, ½ tsp. paprika and salt and pepper
In the kitchen
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes, so they won’t burn on the grill.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together and season with salt and pepper
- Rinse and clean the prawns and turn in the marinade.
- Let them sit in the marinade for a while, so they flavours are absorbed.
- Thread the prawns onto the skewers. Two prawns on each skewer.
On the grill
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking, medium to high heat. (Approx. ½ to ⅔ chimney starter of charcoal).
- Place the skewers on the grill, leaving the small handle of the edge, so they can be turned easily.
- Cook the prawns through, approx. 3-5 min on each side.
- Be careful with too high heat, as the prawns will then burn before they are cooking through.
Recommended equipment: Weber bamboo skewers