400 g Halloumi cheese, 200 g cherry tomatoes on stem, 1 packet of arugula / rocket leaves, 6 shallots, 1 handful of coarsely chopped mint leaves, 2 pcs. of Lebanese flat bread, 6 tbsp. olive oil, salt, pepper and sugar
Dressing: 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, 2 tbsp. aged balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp. honey, 1 tsp. pomegranate molasses, ½ tsp. Dijon mustard and 1 clove of garlic, minced
In the kitchen
- Fold the tomatoes and shallots with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper and sugar and place in the vegetable basket.
- Cut the Halloumi cheese into 1 inch wide fingers.
- Brush the flat bread with the rest of the olive oil, on both sides.
- Dressing: Whisk all of the ingredients together for a smooth consistency and put in the fridge for later use.
- Wash and dry the arugula and mix with the mint leaves.
On the grill
- Place the vegetable basket with the tomatoes and shallots at the top of the elevation set and grill at medium to high heat (130-150°C) indirectly for approx. 45-60 minutes, with the lid closed.
- Let the mix cool off before mixing with the salad.
- Grill the flat bread on both sides on direct heat until crisp. Let them cool off before breaking them into flakes and adding to the salad.
- Grill the Halloumi cheese at high, direct heat until golden. Grill on both sides.
- Lastly, mix the Halloumi, arugula, mint and tomato/shallot mix together, add the dressing and garnish with the flakes of bread.
- Serve straight away.
Serving suggestion: Serve alone or as a side to the Sumac Beef Skewers – go to Meat Recipes.
Recommended equipment: Weber Elevation set with vegetable basket