4 plain wraps, size large, 400 g mild cheddar cheese, grated, zest and juice of 1 lime, 2 red chilies, 1 green bell pepper, 1 red bell pepper, 1 yellow bell pepper, 5-6 scallions, ½ bunch of fresh coriander and salt and pepper to taste
2 Avocados, 200 g of cherry tomatoes , ½ bunch of coriander, zest and juice of 1 lime, salt and pepper and a pinch of Cayenne pepper.
In the kitchen
- Chop herbs and vegetables finely and add to a bowl. Add cheddar cheese and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- On the wraps, divide the cheese and vegetable mixture evenly between them and spread out in an even layer. Once done, then fold over one half to close the wrap.
- For the guacamole, halve the avocados, remove skin and pit and chop roughly and add to a bowl.
- Halve the tomatoes, remove the juice, chop roughly and add to the bowl.
- Add zest and juice of a lime and chopped coriander. Mix well. Season with salt pepper and cayenne.
- Set aside.
On the grill
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking, low to medium heat.
- Place the quesadillas directly on the cooking grate, and flip when grill marks become visible and the cheese starts melting.
- Remove from the grill, when they have been grilled on both sides.
- Tip! Make sure to chop all ingredients finely.
If you are grilling lots of quesadillas, you can also use a baking stone to control the heat and make sure nothing falls through the grates, instead of grilling directly on the cooking grate.