2 large zucchinis, ½ cup chopped onion, ½ cup cherry tomatoes (halved and without seeds), ¼ cup slivered fresh mint, ¼ cup slivered fresh basil, 5-6 large eggs (beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper), ½ cup crumbled goat cheese and extra virgin olive oil
In the kitchen
- Cut the zucchinis into 4 long pieces, and prepare all the remaining ingredients and head out to the grill.
On the grill
- Heat up the grill to medium, direct heat, with the GBS griddle already on. Closed lid.
- Grill the zucchinis until they become a bit soft and have nice grill marks. Remove and then cut into smaller bite-sized pieces.
- Now add some oil to the griddle, but be careful not to burn the oil.
- Add the chopped onions on the griddle and sauté at medium heat. They need to be soft and translucent, not browned.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook them until the liquid evaporates, but not mashed.
- Lastly add in the grilled zucchinis pieces, mint and basil (wait to season with salt, as the salt removes the liquid from the vegetables, which will then instead boil them and make the frittata soggy).
- Add in the goat cheese and make sure it’s spread evenly across the griddle, before pouring in the seasoned egg-mixture.
- Now turn off the direct heat. Move to indirect heat and let the frittata bake with the lid on at approx. 150C degrees, until ready.
Recommended equipment: GBS cast-iron griddle